Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pineapple Express Kitten - Cats Wearing Cats Series



Pineapple Express is one of those movies I can watch over and over and still laugh (and believe me I do).  I recently watched it after starting the concept of the Cats Wearing Cats series, and as soon as I saw James Franco's shirt I knew it had to be apart of it.  As you can see it's a screen print of a little ginger kitty getting eaten by a great white shark (amazing!).  Being true to the series's concepts, I painted a handsome ginger cat wearing the t-shirt and Franco's long sleeve undershirt.  If you notice made the cat's eyes a bit glazed over (for obvious reasons if you know the movie).  I also painted the cat wearing the gold chain shark tooth necklace that Danny McBride's character wears in the movie.  It seemed pretty perfect, almost as if the cat defeated the shark and that tooth is his trophy.  Danny McBride's characters always seem to wear interesting symbolic necklaces (again if you've seen his movies you'll know exactly what I'm talking about)… Below are the photo references I used for this painting: 




No comments:

Post a Comment