Monday, March 10, 2014

Vivienne Westwood SS14 - Cats Wearing Cats Series



This is another painting I recently finished which is part of the "Cats Wearing Cats" series.  For this one, I knew as soon as I saw Vivienne Westwood's SS14 collection that it would be an amazing painting.  I love all the vibrant colors and prints she chose for her Spring/Summer line.  As you can see I painted the cat wearing the outfit right off the runway - it was too perfect not too!  My favorite part was painting the blue and black floral skirt.  It took awhile to do, but I really love painting fabric and making it look three dimensional.  I also decided to paint a cat that looked similar to the kitten on Vivienne's shirt as that is part of the theme of the series.

To see this work in process check out my instagram page: @_rachelburt_ : http://instagram.com/p/lRKXWTGfP7/

xoxo
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment